Thursday, November 17, 2016

GRANDCOW Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Dongle


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Boy do I have a happy kid right now. A friend of mine gave my son a pair of over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones. Originally given to listen to music, my son is a gamer, so these were for want of use due to the fact that my son’s laptop was not Bluetooth compatible. After some looking around, I learned that a dongle was the thing to have. So I went looking. I decided to go ahead and start with, not the most expensive dongle on the planet, but on the lower price range due to affordability and just to see if this particular product was indeed going to be “right for me.”  I settled on GRANDCOW Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Dongle for Windows 10/ 8.1 / 8/ 7 / Vista / XP

It turns out, I was pleasantly surprised.

The unit came with a little driver disk, but it was not needed, as the dongle was completely plug and play. Super easy to set up and it worked right off the bat. What we are really excited about is the range. You can walk away from it more than 50 feet without so much as a crackle. 100 feet and things start to get skippy though and you will get signal cut out. For what we are using it for (gaming headsets) you are not going to get much accomplished at 100 feet anyway. The range does make listening to music really nice though as you can freely move around the entire house without losing signal.


Depending on what you are using it for, I have to say this little product works really well. Like I said, we are using it for close ranges to connect headphones to for gaming and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment