Monday, December 5, 2016

The Ancord Outdoor, Waterproof, Bluetooth Speaker



I was looking for a speaker that could be used outdoors that was affordable and found one in this product.


Just look at this thing! It's built like a little tank. 

Waterproof, shockproof, dustproof. A go-anywhere little speaker you can throw in your bag, have hanging in a tree at the campsite, set it on the ground around the fire pit, even in the shower. This is one of the toughest little speakers I have seen.

The unit comes in a gift worthy box. No frills. You have a charger and adapter and an instruction booklet.

I turned it on and a female voice announced the unit was in Bluetooth mode. It connected to my phone just fine and the female voice announced a connection.


Buttons on the top are all enclosed and features play/pause/answer phone, volume up and volume down. An addition had been made to the instruction booklet explaining how to get the FM radio to work (evidently, that has been an issue up until this point). I was able to scan channels and listen to FM radio, then switch over to Bluetooth again easily. When in Bluetooth mode, the light shines blue. When in FM radio mode, the light shines green.


Obviously, the trap door should probably be closed if you want to maintain "proof-ness"

A little trapdoor opens on the unit giving you access to the micro USB, adapter and there is a slot to insert a TF card.

There is a strap to allow you to hang it from your wrist, a tree, outdoor hook, whatever. What I thought was cool, was the fact that there is a place you can screw in a mini tripod if you like. Please note, my photos show the speaker on a tripod just to show that it is an option. The unit does NOT come with the tripod. This is one I already had for my camera.


Pretty official-looking huh?

Sound is little tinny, especially with acoustic music. There is distinct bass and it is loud. It actually sounds much better outside than inside and it is definitely loud enough for outside use in my opinion. Often, these little speakers are just not loud enough, especially when outside. This is not one of those speakers.

I am having some trouble with it skipping out when I walk away from it. As long as I stay within about 5 feet I have no problems; however, I left my phone in the house and walked outside and only managed to get about 10 feet away before there was skipping in the music. I am wondering if this is because of the door separating me from the phone. As long as I am on the same side of the door as the speaker, things seem to stay connected fine.

Bottom line? A great little outdoor speaker. It’s loud enough to enjoy outside, good long lasting battery, good range on the Bluetooth, tough enough to be dropped and rattle around on a pack, no need to panic if it falls in a puddle or gets left in the rain. This is a great camping staple or for just out in the yard during a BBQ.

1 comment:

  1. You need many assessments, Rather have quite beloved, We wish addiitional knowledge over it, considering that it is normally remarkably remarkable., Regards when indicating. best waterproof bluetooth speaker for shower

    ReplyDelete